– Finish preliminary main menu
– Add splash image for the main menu
– User proper aspect ratio for widget background picture (and make it possible to manually define one)
– Add support for horizontally positioning text in widgets
– Take a widgts zIndex value into consideration when determining what widgets has been clicked
– Properly initialise widget dimensions (and positioning) when starting up in full-screen mode
Hello! It has been quite a while since the last commit, this has been largely due to some good old fashioned scope creep. The initial thought was to simply creating and adding a background picture for the main menu. That unfortunately quickly spiralled out of control, due to newly discovered bugs as well as some missing features.
Look ma, no hotkeys!
Today I won’t get into too many details, as the somewhat verbose commit message mostly speaks for itself. It should be noted though that finding bugs in the UI code is never that much fun, rivalled only by the renderer itself. That aside, it almost looks like a real menu now. 🙂
I still haven’t fully decided yet which topic to tackle next, improving some things in the renderer or finally getting started on preliminary scenario definitions are both high on the list, but let’s see. Byeee!